Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vote Wisely

I'm supposed to be rushing my assignments right now, BUT I JUST NEED TO VOICE SOMETHING OUT!!!!!!

It's linked to the previous post I did on my disagreement on a superuber welfare carebear state.

PLEASE.
I believed nobody, nobody at all is incompetent to improve their lifestyle, even if you are disabled or just down in luck.
It's about your will-power. I understand that it is hard, because many times such has been running through my head;

"If I get caught in a car accident I would rather die then to be disabled."

But, think about it, why let your disability bring you down?

Easy to say, I know. I'm not sure if I can even do it but seriously, I do not think that other people should help you in terms of monetary IF you are not even willing to help yourself.
Probably to give you encouragement to bring yourself together again.

For disabled people, why should they care about what other people think? If you really had wanted to help yourself, just ignore how people look at you. Do you live for them? No.

Some honorable disabled people:

I really despise people who wallow in self-pity.

And seriously, the welfare in SG is considerably good, especially for the needy people.

Please see link to various policies that have been carried out.
(If you can't click, copy & paste http://app1.mcys.gov.sg/Assistance.aspx?tid=115 to your URL bar.)

Another thing, $400 allowance is given to the low-income family.
It is definitely not enough for people who wants to live in COMFORT. But how is that not enough for your basic needs?
Furthermore, you can have free medical care, subsidy for housing, UTILITIES EVEN, etcetc.
Even hospital bills you can have huge subsidies or even have it fully subsidized.

Besides, you can even get training grants so that you can join the workforce again. Even disabled people (mute, deaf, low iq, etc) can get assistance for job employment.

I am really against throwing free money at them. I would gladly volunteer (which I had wanted to do previously at NKF whilst waiting to study in Australia but the compulsory 'orientation' came too late and I had to leave for my studies) and encourage them, donate food to those who need that.

It's about educating them people, education. Not doing charity work.

ALOT of people in Australia are abusing their benefits because it is such a welfare state. This causes laziness because they are given very good monetary support.
They have absolute ZERO determination to help themselves.

What's the point? It's like this quote: "Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime".


Anyway, something that I got from link.

Photobucket


And other links that you may be interested:

Healthcare

Allowance

It's just few links in which BF, being a very good assistant, helped me googled. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment